Just a reminder about registering Off Road Vehicles. With the recent announcement of funding going to Motorized Trails please consider registering your Ride!
– As of Nov 1 all off road vehicles are required to be registered and display a registration plate or sticker. The one time registration fee is $48.00.
– At time of registration you must provide proof of ownership and pay any applicable taxes.
12% tax charged if purchased July 1 2010 – present
7% PST charged if purchased before July 1 2010
For payment of tax use form FIN405 payable at any Services BC office
If you gift your bike to a family member they are exempt from the 7% PST.
Provide the FIN319 Gift of a Vehicle form to your insurance broker along with a bill of sale for the bike or a Notary statement of ownership.
– To off load in a parking area or cross a highway at a controlled crossing you must also purchase an insurance sticker for your plate which will cost $50.00 for one year of basic insurance coverage.
– Off Road Vehicles are not given full access to operate on forest service roads unless they are insured against third party liabilities for a minimum amount of $200,000
– Off Road Vehicles are not required to have third party liability insurance to operate on Crown Land or private land but it is recommended.